You are predicting older people and families to move out of town. If so, which towns are they going to and why those groups and not millennials?
I would think, Vancouver Island like Parksville or the Sunshine Coast as well as the Kootenays (price) etc. Millennials want to be where the action is and most of the jobs are in town. They are also less likely to drive. Tons of questions on gold silver and bitcoin. I mean tons!
Your reference to buying gold jewelry and not bullion is stupid.
- If you do not understand bitcoin – you understand nothing
- Silver and gold have had the greatest appreciation in history – ever…
- Some nasty. (deleted and blocked.) If you are a gold bug you expect trouble…and here I was even recommending gold…but jewelry obviously is not acceptable…
- I do not recollect talking ‘bitcoin’ in the last 3 issues.
Yes, I have real estate engraved on my forehead. Why? Read Ozbuzz 39-43.
Can’t be any clearer…it is my hard asset of choice, it has an unquestioned history of performance, 50% of your payments go to building equity (forced savings account) but…most of all it has leverage.
- Had you invested $100,000 and paid $800 an ounce for gold in 1980 – it then floundered around under $800 an ounce for 27 years and finally got back to $800 in 2007. Since then it has doubled. Good.
Had you bought a house in Vancouver for $100,000 in 1980 it has now grown to $1.7 million. Not only that you would have paid it off in 2005 and since you likely only paid down $5,000 your return on your DP was in the 100000 percentages. Leverage!
- Having said that, I tried to say that there may be a place for gold now… But if you think the world is going to end and put your gold into a savings box at your bank and/or your house ask yourself…. Who is to say that the bank will not stop access by law to your box and someone with a gun and you without one takes your gold? Oh, and going over a border it could be confiscated – must be declared. (Remember we are talking about you: the end of the world kind of guy or girl!).
- SOOO, in that case only…(end of world) get your gold in high gold containing jewelry – easy to get over the border, do not need to declare…and you can distribute it amongst you and yours. Some of the world’s biggest countries with difficult (often treacherous) governments have seen their populace embracing gold jewelry, (India, Iran etc.etc.) That is it. So now, to the question: I am sure you own gold…No, I do not…but I still may buy some. My decision.